is an online service provider as defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We provide legal copyright owners with the ability to self-publish on the Internet by uploading, storing, and displaying various types of media, whilst it is not possible for us to be intimately acquainted with every file our users upload, we have in place the following measures to effectively combat piracy for those that wish to use them.
We take copyright violation very seriously and vigorously protect the rights of legal copyright owners, if you are the copyright owner of content which appears on the xfig website without your authorization, simply use the details below in item 7 to send us a compliant notice and it will be promptly removed..
Industry Leading Anti-Piracy Measures
- 1. Content owners who can lay claim to exclusive names/words associated with their content, can by request have the word(s) added to our automatic block list.
- 2. Verified content owners by request can have access to a "Copyright flagging" account, enabling them to remove any unauthorized content from public view immediately.
- 3. User accounts of repeat copyright violators are permanently disabled.
- 4. Clear & direct contact information published in our public whois records.
- 5. Member of the Anti-Piracy Action Program, which incorporates an active content filtering system from Vobile, videos imprinted with this advanced fingerprinting technology are automatically detected & blocked from our system, we strongly urge all content producers to investigate this new technology & give serious consideration to implementing it.
6. Prompt action & response to legally compliant DMCA notices, if you do not know what is required please use the following check list to make sure your notification is compliant, and therefore avoiding any delay:
- i. Identify yourself as either:
- a: The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or
- b: A person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- ii. State your contact information, including your real name, street address, telephone number, and email address.
- iii. Identify the particular ORIGINAL SOURCE website URL/s or DVD/s of copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed, (that's your links, not ours), or if a large number of works are appearing at a single website, a representative list of the works.
- iv. Identify by it's URL the material on our site that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work, to which you are requesting that xfig disable access over the World Wide Web.
- v. State that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law.
- vi. State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury.
- vii. Please also note that under applicable law, 17 U.S.C. 512 (f), any person who knowingly, materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- viii. If you have multiple links put them in a list in one email, sending multiple notices in a short period of time may result in them being blocked by the system as spam/abuse.
- ix. Use the form contact us